Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Former Hoover Head Coach Continues to Make Headlines

By Jeff Fisher
The High School Football Huddle


I'm not sure why, but the NY Times love affair with former Hoover, Alabama head football coach Rush Propst continues. Yes, the man that was run out of Alabama for many reasons...including grade-fixing and an extramarital affair has scored another feature in America's premiere newspaper. In Wednesday's NY Times sports section, Probst, the man behind MTV's Two-A-Days while at Hoover, is profiled as he tries to turn around the Colquitt County Packers in southwest Georgia. Click here to read the story.

On a personal note to the NY Times, it seems to me that there are plenty of really great high school football stories to tell that don't involve a self-absorbed, egomaniac!! I guess I'm just as guilty as the Times for pointing out the story, but I'm curious if others are as angry as I am about this guy being promoted over thousands of other feel good stories across America.

Please feel free to comment.

No comments: